Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Gwyneth Paltrow Impression...edited!

This is me:

This is Gwyneth:


So I've been going to an acupuncturist - something I have done on and off for years, and this one also does cupping, a special treatment to relieve congestion at certain acupuncture/acupressure points.

At first it feels like you are being vacuum-sealed for freshness. Then it starts to feel like you poured Elmer's glue all over your back. Then you start to feel the muscles in the region relax and there is great comfort after that. Much like when you press on a pressure point and at first you feel pain, but then you feel the muscles associated with that spot release.

It was pretty cool.

What will Charles say? My prediction: "My wife is polka-dotted."

Edited to include ACTUAL HUSBAND REACTION: "My wife looks like a pepperoni pizza"

No comments: