Sunday, September 13, 2009

I want my MTV.

I know that I wasn't the only person over the age of 30 watching the VMAs, since Madonna and Janet Jackson were both there, but I bet the number of us watching was about 12, so I'll give you a little recap.

First, Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech to say that Beyonce should have won. He is on drugs.

Second, Pink's performance was amazing. If you've ever heard of YouTube, go there and watch it.

Third, Beyonce won "best video" at the end of the night and handed over her time to Taylor Swift, proving that you can rise above those that you associate with and save face for everyone.

Fourth, Jay Z and Alicia Keys also had a WONDERFUL performance, but why did Lil' Mama jump on stage at the end? I was listening carefully, and at no time did the song mention lip gloss, so why did she feel the need to act like she had some part in it? She is on drugs.

Finally, here is my admission of being too old to watch the VMAs: who the hell is Russell Brand? Why is he famous? And was it my imagination or did he imply that Katy Perry is a ho?

1 comment:

Kimberli Cox said...

Considering that I am older than you and watched the VMAs, you are NOT too old to be watching them (although you should have known who Russell Brand was...not that you're missing much by not knowing).

Kanye was apparently already booked for Leno tonight and instead of performing talked about the debacle, apologizing again.

Drugs and narcissistic personality disorder.