Thursday, December 6, 2007

What I want for Christmas.

I love December.

There is so much to look forward to: Snow, my birthday, Christmas, New Year's, Vacation, and getting to see my family and friends.

There is so much that is stressful: My Birthday, Buying presents that will in no way truly express how much you love your family and friends, the pressure to have as much fun as is humanly possible on New Year's eve, and trying not to end the month in the poor house.

I must say that I wish this all could be simpler. Couldn't people celebrate together without so much pressure? I don't need a bunch of fancy things or fancy food, or copious amounts of alcohol to have a good time. I just want a few memorable moments with the people I love.

So even though it's only a few days into the month, I'm going to try to recenter my intentions so the rest goes more smoothly.

I love December... and hopefully this one will truly be one to remember.

No comments: