Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Wisdom comes to those who pay attention"

Coined by Kathryn Evans, Sunday, November 18, 2007

I was thinking about several people who have recently asked me "how did you know that" and while I am always tempted to say "cause I'm old," I just decided that's not it - at least not entirely.

I have always felt that I learn more than some because I pay attention. Particularly as a child, my relative shyness allowed me the opportunity to observe and learn from the mistakes other people were making around me.

I wish I could do more of this. I feel like as we age, our egos take over. It becomes harder to listen. We want to talk. Harder to learn. We want to teach.

But maybe I can change the tides just by being more mindful. Here I am wanting to learn, ready to learn - now I just need to pay attention.

No comments: