Thursday, March 20, 2008

Closing in on the trip... time is tight!

So tonight I'm going to hear Dave Eggers and Valentine Achak Deng speak at the Free Library. I really got into "What is the What" back a year ago or so, therefore and forthwith, I should be excited, right? Remember how I even tried to start a Genocide Portrait Project and had a little box about it on the upper left of this very blog for a LONG, LONG time.

But all I can think about is my trip with Charles to see my new nephew. Maybe because I have so much to do in advance. And I leave at 5am on Saturday morning.

Here is my TO DO list:
- Pick up New shirts for my sister
- Pick up Air Mattress and extra linens
- Do Laundry
- Wrap Presents... or at the very least remember to bring them
- Pack
- Prepare other bedding (blankets, pillows, etc)
- Try not to forget anything crucial like camera, phone charger, or credit card
- Deposit emergency money in the bank or cash the check

I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

I was going to make sandwiches for the drive and stuff like that, but not anymore. Now I'm just gonna relax... do the list above and not worry about everything else.

That's my plan at least.

No comments: