Friday, April 25, 2008

Time to Panic.

Over the course of this spring, at completely unpredictable moments, I've been suffering from what must be panic attacks.

Out of the blue, with no warning, I go from being excited about something I'm doing to feeling like I might just puke, followed by the feeling that I will pass out. Since I have a history of fainting, I get myself all worked up that I'm going to faint, but then - magically - I am okay and back to whistling a happy tune and skipping down the street.

The first time it happened was at the event with Dave Eggers and Valentino Ackek Deng. And it just happened in a meeting where I needed to present information about my job to a committee of Board Members and faculty. But its happened at least 3 other times.

So I was probably turning ten shades of red, sitting there in the big, fancy conference room thinking, "if this is a physical issue, then I'll faint and be done with it, if however its a mental/emotional issue then I'll be fine."

Well, I was fine while presenting, then in the break-out discussion it started up again, then I was fine again while presenting, and now that it's completely over, of course I'm fine again.

So, therefore and forthwith, here is the issue: I'm crazy. No problem.

No comments: