Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Three Months Old Today
Things I want to remember:
- How you sometimes after a nap, you open your eyes and smile when you realize you are in my arms.
- How you laugh when you see the fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- How much you love books already.
- How you gaze up as we walk under trees to look at the contrast between the leaves and the sky.
- How your rolls have rolls.
- How I can see my reflection in your eyes.
- How warm you are while you are nestled against my breast.
- How you watch the kitchen door to see when I will come out to play with you.
- How your mouth looks like a little triangle when you coo.
- How you are now too big for me to nurse you and hold you with one arm while wandering around the apartment.
- How your hair is soft and downy, and now is a faint halo of fuzz around your whole head.
- How you laugh when we show you how the light switch works in the bathroom.
- How you grasp my shirt while you are nursing.
- How excited you are when we put you in a sitting or standing position.
- How you take your tiny hands and put them on my face while I talk to you up close.
- How you coo and coo when I kiss you.
Thank you, my dear, for changing how I see the world and for changing my whole life.