Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Three Months Old Today



Things I want to remember:
- How you sometimes after a nap, you open your eyes and smile when you realize you are in my arms.

- How you laugh when you see the fire extinguisher in the kitchen.

- How much you love books already.

- How you gaze up as we walk under trees to look at the contrast between the leaves and the sky.

- How your rolls have rolls.

- How I can see my reflection in your eyes.

- How warm you are while you are nestled against my breast.

- How you watch the kitchen door to see when I will come out to play with you.

- How your mouth looks like a little triangle when you coo.

- How you are now too big for me to nurse you and hold you with one arm while wandering around the apartment.

- How your hair is soft and downy, and now is a faint halo of fuzz around your whole head.

- How you laugh when we show you how the light switch works in the bathroom.

- How you grasp my shirt while you are nursing.

- How excited you are when we put you in a sitting or standing position.

- How you take your tiny hands and put them on my face while I talk to you up close.

- How you coo and coo when I kiss you.

Thank you, my dear, for changing how I see the world and for changing my whole life.

No comments: