Monday, April 2, 2007

Never a Bridesmaid, always a ____?

I'm so excited. So very excited I can hardly speak. Super excited.

One of my two bestest friends called me last night and asked me to be her "bridesmaid, maid-of-honor, best-person thing" - Ooooo, Ooooo, Ooooo - I can't wait!

I'm tempted to say that I've never been a bridesmaid before, but I have been in two weddings: my Indian friend and my sister. Neither time was a very traditional affair. The Indian wedding, I didn't even know the extent of my role until I got there (or I would have dressed better!) and my sister's wedding was just our family, so it doesn't really count. (Sorry, Sarah, it was lovely though.)

I'm very curious to see how this goes. What will I get to wear? What are the chances that I'll be publicly humiliated by tripping down the aisle, crying hysterically at the beauty of it all, or accidentally tucking the back of my dress into my pantyhose?

And now I have to lose 15 pounds. I think all the bride's side has agreed to do so! Wonder what the groom's side will do?

Did I mention that I'm very excited?

No comments: