Friday, September 5, 2008

Mouse in the House.

I woke up just a few minutes ago... 3:30am to a rustling in my kitchen. Not good.

I live in a VERY small studio apartment, so I can really hear every noise very clearly. And I definitely recognized the sort of rhythmic rustling that means I'm in trouble. After stomping about a bit and turning on the lights, I got the courage up to take a tennis racket and move the recycling...

... GASP...

Oh yes, my friends, that gasp was literal. And audible.

There was the unmistakable shredding and a small hole in the trash bag. Here's where I am concerned... the hole was about 3 inches off the ground. So either the cute little field mouse was wearing some sort of hovercraft device or the cute little mouse is actually a cute little rat. (And by cute, I mean NOT CUTE AND HUGE AND IN MY HOUSE!!!

So I'll take the trash out in a few hours when its a more appropriate hour to take the trash out, check the foodstuffs in the cupboard for "evidence" and then leave my landlord a note.

As of right now, I'm ready to move out. There is NOTHING that freaks me out more than large furry critters.

I am not actually sure I will be able to get back to sleep tonight.

No comments: