Monday, December 11, 2006

The thing about a blog...

I'm really quite excited to have the opportunity to let everything out in this forum... things I've been marinating with for years are starting to seap out.

I was talking to a friend this weekend about it. The odd part of creating something that is available for anyone, but is somehow private. The idea that we don't mind strangers knowing our inner-most thoughts, but want to prevent our friends and family from seeing it.

So much of life is that way - we fear the judgement of those we care about the most. We hope and pray that they will accept us as we are, but fear that they won't understand if we really let it all hang out.

I try to live my life with integrity. I want the person that I am in my personal life to at least resemble the person I am in my career. I want people who meet me to feel like they know me, without much backstory. I don't want to be afraid to speak up.

So read, or lurk, or comment as you will, but I'll just keep trying to be me... A big, fat, cheeseball.

No comments: