Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stress



Well, it's that time of year again. The dreaded Spring Semester. When the students begin to implode, my carpal tunnel returns, and I kick my mind into overdrive to get it all done.

Except this year is a wee different!

Hormones and fatigue. That's what's different.

So last night, after an insane day of non-stop students and new presentations cropping up like mushrooms in a damp, smelly place, I kind of lost it.

I was on the verge of losing it, but then my husband was about 90 seconds late to pick me up and that proverbial straw broke this proverbial camel's back. And it was ugly for a nice, cathartic 15 minutes. But my poor husband. Sweet man. That 15 minutes must have been tough. Sorry 'hon!

I'm better today. I got an A+ from the doctor on all fronts. I have to start keeping track of the baby's kicking now and cut back on non-nutritious food to ensure that she keeps on growing those neurons, packing on that cute little chub, and strengthening that skeleton of hers.

One side note: For those of you that have been placing bets on when my belly button will poke out, the time is near. When I laugh hard now, it pokes out and in like my friend Bug Out Bob up there. Kind of creepy, a little gross, and terribly funny when you are already laughing hysterically.

No comments: