Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Harder than expected...

I've just started studying for the GREs, and I've decided that I need some leisure reading that will challenge my vocabulary a bit. Most of the exercises in my prep book are boring as anything, so I need something more interesting to augment my studying. Any suggestions? I need an author that describes the damsel in distress as pulchritudinous instead of beautiful, describes the 3rd child as the antepenultimate, and isn't afraid of a latin word here and there.

I'm also having trouble keeping up my studying, my movie watching, my working out, and this new promise of more pictures. But... I'll keep trying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The book I'm currently reading, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, by Michael Chabon, contains some words I don't know, but I would not say it's an overabundance of words not known to me. I do like a book that at least makes me think as I read, even if not just to figure out what the words themselves mean. It's funny, I can think of books that were hard to get through (although rewarding), but I don't recall if that was because of 5-cent words or not.