Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cornel West: The Album

Unless much has changed in the last few years, this post will annoy Kali. Sorry sweetheart. But I happen to be a fan of the always outlandish author Cornel West.

I am so tickled to see that he's finally releasing his album next month! I knew plans for the album were one of the reasons that he left Harvard for Princeton, but I'm so excited to see what it's all about. We can look forward to West's political commentary while other artists contribute... some of my favorites... including: Prince (yay), Andre 3000 (makes sense), Talib Kweli (love him!), Jill Scott (love her even more!), Rhymefest (okay), hip-hop legend KRS-One (the philosopher, yum!), The Roots' Black Thought(I can't believe I actually shook his hand... I love him), Rah Digga (great) and the late Gerald Levert (a posthumous shout out).

It's called "Never Forget: A Journey of Revelations." Which makes me even MORE intrigued... given that I assume Revelations refers to the Biblical Revelations, and I think that's the craziest book ever (many apologies to those of you that live by that book of the Bible, no offense intended.)

If you want to read more about Cornel West, check out this discussion on the Post website yesterday. He's contentious, but mostly on-point and pragmatic. I need to read more of his work, but he's certainly entertaining! Here's the link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/07/16/DI2007071601230.html

No comments: