Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving.



I found this interesting site that talks about the Thanksgiving Myths and the real stories of Thanksgiving.

For example, the harvest day celebration that was the holiday that Thanksgiving is based on was three days long. Wonderful news, since I plan to celebrate from Thursday to Sunday.

Also, contrary to what the center figure in the above painting might indicate, pilgrims did not wear black and white clothing with big buckles. Which is good news, because I expect that this weekend the only people I will see wearing only black and white will be the referees at the college football games.

So I'm guessing I won't post much this week. Sorry folks. But here is what I'm thankful for this year:
- Health and happiness
- Great family, wonderful friends
- A job and some pennies in the bank (30% less pennies, just like everyone, but whatever)
- An amazing husband who also has wonderful friends and an amazing family
- A future that seems brighter and more hopeful than in a long time

Love to you all. Thanks for making my world a wonderful place.

(PS: Happy Birthday Ruth... your ode is coming)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...I feel really famous!

Kathryn said...

Wait until I do your "ode"... then throngs of people will stop you in the street, saying "Are you RUTH?" from Kathryn's blog?!?!

Just wait.