Friday, November 7, 2008

Travel.



I am ready for Honeymoon: Part 2 RIGHT NOW.

We only took one day. I would like some more relaxing time right about now. I know it's Friday and I only have to make it through today, but I'm exhausted. Really, really, really tired.

First, I'm mad at California. And Florida and Arizona... and especially Arkansas. I'm disappointed - no outraged - that homophobia in this country is so pervasive and so strongly tied to culture and religion, that even in the light of one of the most progressive campaigns in history, we can set back the rights of same-sex couples by so much - and in so many places.

It's time for people to let this go. YES WE CAN with all the wonderful sentiments that go along with it should be the rally cry for anyone and everyone that feels the sting of difference: African Americans, Immigrants, Communists, Artists, People with Mental Illness, Asians, Disabled, Muslims, AND anyone that would, could, or should fall into the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Transgender community. Your burden, my burden, their burden - they are the same. We must fight for each other.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all [people] are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Ya'll are making me tired. I'm leaving on a jetplane.

(Okay, so I'm not really leaving, but I wish I could. I'm at least going to Media and Plymouth Meeting this weekend. But don't push me, I'll fight you.)

No comments: