Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Help for the stressed...

I read an interesting article in the Washington Post today... okay I read a couple. The first was about a Goth style magazine, and I'll spare you the details. Although according to the article, Los Angeles is the most Goth-friendly town. I would never have guessed that.

The second interesting article was about stress. Basically, the main advice in the article was "...figure out exactly what's causing you stress, change what can be changed, and devise a plan for coping with the inevitable remainder."

This sounds so easy.

Okay, so what's causing me stress: work, residual health problems, personal relationships, my commute, and my endless desire to better myself physically, mentally, and emotionally.

What can be changed: uh, I'm not sure.

Well, serving as my own therapist for a moment, there you go... if you don't know what to change to make your life better, how can you change it?

So that leaves me moving most of the items in the "what's causing you stress column" directly into the "devise a plan to cope with the remainder" column.

What's my plan to cope? Now there's a good question!

Wow, what a helpful article.

No comments: