Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ode to the Flower Delivery Man

Well he may not visit my house very often, but today is a tough day for the flower delivery man. 4 inches of snow, ice, and sleet on the busiest day of the year.

Poor guy.

It makes me wonder who else needs my appreciation at times when I take them for granted. Let's see...

The 7-11 worker on Christmas. I always seem to need a cool drink after a family gathering.

The overnight nurse at the hospital. Who else can you trust to bring you pain medication when everyone else is at home asleep.

The postal worker... pretty much all year. Hot days, hurricanes, snow, ice, it doesn't matter... still after all these years they bring us all our cherished mail.

The transit worker on the last train home, especially when it's filled with drunk Villanova students. Dude, I don't know how you do it.

You all have my love, my admiration and my respect. Thanks to all those people that make our lives wonderful, even in the snow, the cold, on holidays, and when we can't fend for ourselves. Thanks for caring.

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all.

No comments: