Sunday, February 18, 2007

Winging it...

I'm making a baby quilt. I can say this because so many of my friends are pregnant or have young babies, that they won't know which one it's for.

I've never made a quilt before, but I've always wanted to. I have always wanted to push the boundaries of normal quilts and do interesting art-quilts with landscapes and narratives. But for this first one, it's just geometric... and it's very small.

I've realized that I am a completely task-oriented person. I've been working on the quilt for over 8 hours non-stop. I'm almost done with the piecing, but won't go to bed until at least the front is done!

It's got me kind of excited, much like my first greeting card did. It's fun to play with the fabric and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Alright, my nose is going back to the grindstone - foot to the pedal, I'm going to finish the piecing tonight... this is my new mantra. I'm not sure I make sense and I feel vaguely nauseous, but off I go!

No comments: